Monday, October 6, 2008

The Seven Gets An Engine

A big, white box has been sitting the the back corner of my hangar for the past ten months. Yesterday I decided it was time to unpack its expensive contents, a brand-new IO-360-M1B fuel-injected engine from Lycoming. I have never in my life seen anything packed like this. They sealed the engine in thick plastic then poured expanding foam around the whole thing so that I had to chisel away the box and foam to expose the engine. I picked it up with my engine hoist and rolled it over to my work area. Now I can get it ready to put on the engine mount. I have to put on a few fittings, install the prop governor and replace the magnetos with my P-mag electronic ignitions. This is the fun part of building. I got so sick of working on the damn canopy this summer that it's nice to have something different.

1 comment:

DaveG said...

There are a lot of days when I wish I had an O-360. Sometimes 150 hp just isn't enough.