Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sevier County Choppers

There is a guy the same age as my daughter sitting beside me wearing a baseball cap telling me what to do. Hunter Robinson is my instructor, and I'm now at Sevier County Choppers in Gatlinburg, TN working on my helicopter skills.  If things go OK, I'll get my commercial helicopter add-on rating some time in the next few months. It's an add-on rating for me since I already have a commercial pilot certificate (required when one gets a flight instructor certificate).  The countryside around Gatlinburg is beautiful, especially this time of year with the leaves changing color.  So, Mary came along with me to do some hiking while I'm busy hovering.

One of our off-airport landings was to a hilly pasteur with a few cows milling about.  I think one of them had a sign around his neck that said "eat more chikin."

1 comment: