Friday, June 27, 2008

Banging away at the canopy frame


The RV-7 project is going sooooo slowly. I understand that the canopy is probably the toughest part of the whole project, but it's agonizing how you have to massage everything to get the thing to fit. It seems I'm having better luck with it than some though. I was reading on Doug Reeves' forum this morning and came across a post which made me feel real compassion for one of my fellow builders. Here's a quote from his post....
All I've learned is that there is a significant difference in the first weldment and the second one. I've about got it finished and it looks much much better but the rear skin is probably 1/16" high. I'm gonna go back out in the garage after supper and finish riveting the last of the canopy re-inforceing kit. Please pray for me....
I respect these guys so much. No one who has not built an airplane knows how much effort, stamina and dedication this takes. I'm impressed if you have done this. You're my kind of guy.

No comments: