Sunday, July 27, 2008

First Solo For Alex

I remember his first bicycle solo. I remember his struggles with the clutch while teaching him a standard shift in a Jeep Wrangler. On July 26, 2008 I opened the door and stepped out of the Cessna 150 and watched while my son made his first airplane solo. My experience is that most people bounce the 2nd or 3rd landing, but his were "greasers." I don't know who was happier, him or me. I had always hoped that my children would one day express an interest in flying. Maybe that's why I've maintained my flight instructor certificate for all these years. Now if I can just get my daughter soloed (we've had an issue with her medical certificate), all the Carters will have at least student pilot certificates.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......